Friday, December 13, 2013

Parental pride

My children are a blessing they teach me so much. They have enjoyed their time at school this year and the school has given them honors and good reports so I would have reason to be 'proud' of them.



But I am not proud of them. I support them and love them. If I want to pride myself on my children's character or achievements. I would boast in the Lord because they themselves are not worthy and neither am I. But Jesus is worthy of ALL the Honor, ALL the Glory, ALL the praise, ALL the power and ALL that is within me, for I am nothing, I have given myself away. 

He alone has triumphed over sin and death. I and my wife and children have done nothing that needs to be praised by men except that the spirit has worked it in us! If then it was not my work but the work of the spirit in me/my children how can we take credit? How can we personally receive the honor?

Friends we can't and shouldn't lest we treat as worthless the Grace of God.


No comments: