Saturday, December 21, 2013

Doing hard things alone

I always like to have a helper. A companion an off sider. But this is not always an option. We do all need time alone. And when I say alone I mean with God. Alone with God. When we look at heroism, most often it is the actions of a single person that recieve the attentions and honor of men.
At the end of the day Jesus is the only dependable one. He is the Rock.
We let ourselves down so often we can not even rely on ourselves . Let alone other people.   

Jesus faced his cross alone none stood by Him, not even one. Then his own beloved Father turned His back on him. Absolutely alone, abandoned. Forsaken and given up to die.

All for me and you. Let us be willing to lose friends for this man ! And lose parents, siblings for him.
 Let us love not our own lives for him. 
I offer my life for Him, just to be near Him. To walk in His mighty shadow which is no shadow at all for He is the light of the world! 
In him will I abide now and evermore!

No comments: