Sunday, January 26, 2014

Justice and Mercy

Justice demands compliance without compromise. 
Justice can only act where there is a law. A written statute, a known code of conduct. And mercy requires justice to exist before it makes sense. Justice cannot just be forgotten, it demands satisfaction! 
All followers of Christ who repent of sin and trust his name to save them, run to the mercy of a God. All who love him love His mercy.
But who will still run to his justice? A thing by which we are all condemned.
The means by which Christ was rejected by his father and was made sin for us. 
 "It pleased the LORD to bruise Him, and make His soul an offering.."Is:53
I still want justice. I don't want to take Christ's place when he died for me indeed I can't save even myself this way. So it pleases me that because if His great Mercy, it pleased The Lord to bruise him in my place.
Yet I am glad that God is Just and that my sin had to be attoned for, and I love my redeemer very much. I now present myself to his judgmentI want to be inspected, corrected, reproved and improved.
This is Jesus desire for us all.
That he present us faultless before the presence of His Glory, with Exceeding Joy.

No comments: