Thursday, November 14, 2013

Long waiting

My five year old daughter sometimes (when prevailed upon) rides shot gun with me when I do the daily freight run to Mungindi. Usually after we depart Moree she will watch the scenery, we will talk a little and then she will want to eat smoko.  After smoko has settled a little she will ask if she can go home now or at most she will ask if not straight away can she go home in a little while (when she is sick of it).

There is almost nothing as hard to learn than long waiting for a child or any adult that has not learned it as a child. It is painful to learn. Nobody likes pain.

Our sinful natures lust against the imposition of waiting. whether it be for a bus or a in the doctors rooms.
I was held up by traffic a bit yesterday, and initially I reacted my normal way with frustration and discontent but I was reminded that it is Gods will that we learn long waiting and I was immediately content to sit there as long as necessary and rested in the Lord, He knows what he's doing folks. Conforming us though the hardship of waiting unto perfection, His will is to restore us to the original image of God, that is in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 131

King James Version (KJV)
131 Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.
2 Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.
Let Israel hope in the Lord from henceforth and for ever.

No comments: