Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Rose of Sharon

The song "Above All" by M.W.Smith is an alright song but I can't like the part about the rose and thinking of me above all cause I know its wrong.

A rose being tramped is not a proper type of Christ, because it has no blood. That is why He is called the lamb and not the rose. Plant life although wonderful and life sustaining for herbivores and all carnivores that eat the herbivores, is not in the same class as air breathing creatures, who have blood systems. The life is in the blood. The remission of sin can only come by the shedding of blood.

The tragedy of a tramped rose which is not aware of its own existence, is not comparable to that of a self aware/conscious being such as and animal or say Jesus. Nothing can compare to the sacrifice of our Lord. He alone was the spotless lamb the offering of which was sufficient to appease the just wrath of our Holy God once and for all.

People say stuff like    'even if I was the only person on earth Christ would have died for me.'
or the last line of the chorus here 'and thought of me above all'

am I God that Jesus should have thought of me above all? no this is not correct. Jesus always and forever thinks of His Father above All. I don't even want Him to think of me Above all cause I'm not worthy of that, I am not above all!

When we sing this song we are singing a false gospel and worshiping ourselves, sorry to ruin it for anyone who loves this song but the truth needs to be revealed and layed bare even if it is painful for us to confront, lest we be lead into delusion.

No comments: