Thursday, November 17, 2011

Giving Sorrow Words.


For me Sorrow is the right emotion. I have always been an outcast I have been betrayed I have failed at many things I have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.

Life without God, when I wondered away from Him, brought me Sorrow. But I am finding now that we have been reconciled my closeness to the Lord brings me even greater Sorrow, Because now I have His heart. I am not just sorry that my selfish desires are not being meet or sorry I got caught speeding or sorry other people won't do what I want!

The things that make Jesus sad now make me sad. The ravages and destruction of Sin in the lives of people He loves make me sad. The blindness of people makes me sad. Hardness of heart makes me sad. The apostocy in the church makes me sad. sin makes me sad. All this saddness and as one secular band called their album Meloncoly and Infinate Sadness. This is the right respose for me because when we see our loved ones heading for a lost eternity should we rejoice?
A lot of people only want to laugh and have fun. To enjoy life and revel in the many good things we can enjoy especially in the free west. But I seek sorrow. Sorrow is right. In this world that is perishing because of their lack of vision and the hardness of their hearts, Sorrow is the only reponse that is appropriate. Let us weep together, let us shed tears as one and be united in grief.
In the beatitudes Jesus blessed sorrow.
People of God we must fast now, the bridegroom is not now with us and He tarries in His coming let us gather together in sorrow so deep we cannot eat. Let our desire for food be lost in the greater desire to bear oneanothers burdens and break the power of strongholds, yolks and bondages.
When the apostles failed to cast out the demon from the man Jesus said this kind can only be removed by fasting and prayer. When the enemy seems to be gaining territory the only way to force Him back is by gathering the people and especially the elders and calling a solemn assembly. Crying unto the Lord all night, keeping watch through the night until joy comes in the morning.

No comments: