Tuesday, November 22, 2016

In whose name?




He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

Deuteronomy 12New King James Version (NKJV)

10 But when you cross over the Jordan and dwell in the land which the Lord your God is giving you to inherit, and He gives you rest from all your enemies round about, so that you dwell in safety, 11 then there will be the place where the Lord your God chooses to make His name abide. There you shall bring all that I command you: your burnt offerings, your sacrifices, your tithes, the heave offerings of your hand, and all your choice offerings which you vow to the Lord.12 And you shall rejoice before the Lord your God, you and your sons and your daughters, your male and female servants, and the Levite who is within your gates, since he has no portion nor inheritance with you.

I was about thirty when I was shown what the mark of the beast is. About the same time I attended a PK rally. Promises Keepers is a men only annual day conference ministry that was big then. I resisted going for a few years   because I thought it was weird , maybe I was to feminized, anyway I went and it was mostly good however after I paid my $60 entry fee I was given a logo emblazened plastic wrist band to wear which is quite a common practice at such public events I would think. The only trouble is I hadn't even been inside to hear the message and they wanted to own me at the door. Well I was probably the only person have a problem with this that day or since but at the time I wouldn't wear it, I put it in my pocket and had to pull it out to show security every time we had to re-enter the event. If you had more money at your disposal than I had at the time it was possible to by the tee shirts coffee mugs and even PK bibles.  Some of the men from my church bought some of this merchandise and they would wear the tee shirts to church on Sunday's and encourage every man to attend the conferences. I really went on the strength of the recommendation of a particular man that  I looked up to. But I never went again. 
I worked on dairy farm at the time and I enjoyed  and learned a lot from working with the cows. I quickly realized though that the factory farming of the modern age is a long way from the cute little farms that I loved reading about in children's books. At an interview for a previous job the owners of the farm impressed strongly upon me that it theirs was business not a lifestyle.. The cows are property from the moment they are conceived and if you take your breeding seriously you ear mark the newborn females as soon as possible after birth so as to correctly identify the the mother with the right calf. I did my best to regard the lives of the animals but the fact remains that they are essentially milk slaves.
Well Christ set me free from slavery and I knew I now belonged to Him so I didn't want to be the property of anyone else or wear their mark.
Coming to an understanding of these things I went on a crusade at least as far as me an my house  to get rid of all brands. It was a legalistic pursuit  but I couldn't get rid of the idea of how perfect it would be to live in this world without a single brand in my house or person, so I removed the brand off my car and cut the tags out of my clothes and unpicked embroidered logos and if I could remove them I would color over them with a red  permanent marker so they would be under the blood. I only managed to keep it up for a short while before I ran out of energy mean while my wife and everyone else thought I was mad. Maybe they were right. 

The thing I have taken out of it though is that it is for freedom that Christ set us free and we ought to let no man or woman take us captive. I know who my Master is and I am happy to wear His mark . They fall into a trap who make merchandise of Christ because they have stolen the intellectual property that they are selling and they are selling it under another name. Nobody from promise keepers died for me to release me from the power of sin and death, therefore there remains only one name to be lifted up as Moses lifted up to brass serpent in the wilderness. As Jesus said if I be lifted up I will draw all men to myself.

No comments: